Sr. DevOps Engineer
Location: Hybrid, Remote
Type: Full Time
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4+ years of DevOps/Networking experience.
- AWS SysOps, DevOps, Solutions Architect or other certifications
- Experience with Alerting and Monitoring Systems (Cloudwatch/New Relic preferred)
- Experience in server operating systems including Windows and Linux
- Experience with core networking protocols, DNS, network troubleshooting, and load balancing concepts (Amazon ELB, ALB, NLB preferred)
- Proven success and experience as a Senior DevOps Engineer.
- Technical expertise in deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS
- Experience developing configuration management with Ansible and/or AWS based automation tools
- Strong analytical ability.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated analytical, technical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- High level sense of ownership and accountability.
- Fast learner and a continuously learner
- Ability to work well both in a team setting and independently.
- Demonstrated initiative in mastering new technical areas quickly.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
JOB SUMMARY & OUTCOME
- Directly reports to the VP of Technology.
- The Senior DevOps Engineer primary function is to build and maintain the TrustBridge suite of applications Infrastructure, Continuous Integration/Deployment, and Code repository.
- This position proactively monitors infrastructure and application performance, continuously improving infrastructure performance and security.
- Use of Jira, Confluence, and Slack for effective collaboration with the Development and Product Team.
- Technical accountability for Infrastructure stability and performance, including being on call in case of system outage.
- Design and deploy a continuous integration and deployment environment.
- The outcome is positive collaboration with Development Lead, Developers and QA meeting their needs for Dev/QA/Prod environments to deliver code on time and with high quality.
- Deploy, maintain, and evolve software and system monitoring services. The outcome is robust real-time insights into the applications and infrastructure performance/stability
- Create, define, maintain, and update server installation/configuration standards – OS, hardware, software, and version levels. The outcome is up to date and secured OS, software services and frameworks.
- Develop and maintain system automation documentation, analyze business requirements, design, and implement automation solutions.
- The outcome is a well-documented infrastructure the development and business team members can access and collaborate around
- Actively integrates good values and principles in day-to-day behavior, exhibiting unremitting integrity and strong moral character.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & REQUIREMENTS
- Open to working during European and US Eastern Time work hours.
- Most of the work is computer based.
- Ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile, and prepare work
- documents, as well as set up and maintain work files.
- Ability to work more than 8 hours per day, as needed; ability to handle pressure during peak periods during the year, availability to handle issues outside of normal working hours.
- Benefits include paid time off, paid holidays, & annual bonus. May also include employer contributions to health insurance and retirement benefits.