Lead Software Engineer
Location: Hybrid, Remote
Type: Full Time
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4+ years of DevOps/Networking experience.
- AWS SysOps, DevOps, Solutions Architect or other certifications
- Experience with Alerting and Monitoring Systems (Cloudwatch/New Relic preferred)
- Experience in server operating systems including Windows and Linux
- Experience with core networking protocols, DNS, network troubleshooting, and load balancing concepts (Amazon ELB, ALB, NLB preferred)
- Experience with multi region AWS deployments
- Experience in scripting with Linux command line
- Experience in software deployment procedures and version control
- Experience in AWS CloudFormation
- Experience in performing database management or development
- Experience with Lean and Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of ITIL/Change Management processes
- Knowledge of PCI regulations (nice to have)
JOB SUMMARY & OUTCOME
- Directly reports to the VP of Technology.
- The Senior DevOps Engineer primary function is to build and maintain the TrustBridge suite of applications Infrastructure, Continuous Integration/Deployment, and Code repository.
- This position proactively monitors infrastructure and application performance, continuously improving infrastructure performance and security.
- Use of Jira, Confluence, and Slack for effective collaboration with the Development and Product team.
- Technical accountability for Infrastructure stability and performance, including being on call in case of system outage.
- Build and lead a team with high morale and cohesion. The outcome is low turnover, passion about their mission, dedicated and highly productive.
- Apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the software development life cycle. The outcome is high quality, efficient and well documented code.
- Evaluate functionality of products and remediate any lapse in functionality.
- The outcome is high end user NPS and satisfaction scores and a stable platform.
- Actively integrates good values and principles in day-to-day behavior, exhibiting unremitting integrity and strong moral character.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & REQUIREMENTS
- Open to working during European and US Eastern Time work hours.
- Most of the work is computer based.
- Ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile, and prepare work documents, as well as set up and maintain work files.
- Ability to work more than 8 hours per day, as needed; ability to handle pressure during peak periods during the year, availability to handle issues outside of normal working hours.
- Benefits include paid time off, paid holidays, & annual bonus. May also include employer contributions to health insurance and retirement benefits.